Saturday, June 24, 2006

Break time

I'm enjoying the uni break at the moment - lasting three weeks, its sure to be a welcome break from thinking of any kind. I just finished exams - two three hour's and a two hour forty minute one. Mathematics, Mechanics and Physics 1C - shit, decent and great respectively. I hope to pass three of the four, but am sure i will need to repeat mathematics. It's a bit disconcerting to fail something that is intristic to what i will end up doing with the rest of my life, but im sure its just a problem of application rather than talent.

Uni itself - i chose to study Mechanical engineering. This stemmed from my fascination with machines and how they work - im a car and bike nut. I have a particular fascination with bikes - MotoGP is crazy as something that only weighs 170kg could get you to 300km/h in about 25secs whilst only having a contact patch about the size of mobile phone! that in itself is nuts but i believe bikes are where all the engine development is today. I'd also heard about the QUT Motorsport program. This is along the veins of Formula SAE and is open-wheeled racing and all work is done solely by students, who compete amongst each other under the banner of their institution and go on to the world level, should they do well. This really sounded good to me, and it seemed the most logical option toward getting into a career in motorsport.

I only really just managed to scrape in this year as i got an op 10 (just above average) after putting in a last ditch effort to get my grades up, which had gone to shit after my parents' split affected my ability to think with any depth. Nevertheless i got in, and intend to make good on the opportunity i've been given.

I'm still with girlfriend Jess - it's coming on two years in September and we're still looking strong :)

Should be hitting the pubs and clubs tonight, after dinner with mum as im taking her to celebrate her 56th birthday.

Have a good one kids.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?