Saturday, July 01, 2006

Perfection gets the better of me.

God im pointless sometimes. Perfection gets the better of me.... i spent about 3 hours of today hunting down parts for a mod job i wanted to do to my computer.... see it has two fans at the back right, and spaces for another two at the bottom-front. I decided, being the enterprising lad i am, that i'd go chuck two fans in the space there - hell its a bit of insurance just in case the hard drive ever got hot and wanted to cark it (they blow over it). Anyho, with these being so close to you (the computer sits on the desk about a foot away from me) i decided wouldnt it be great to put in a switch to turn the fans off in winter when they aren't needed and quieten things a bit?

Skip to today - im at the electronics parts store buying wire, a soldering iron, switch and shrink wrap. I take all my shit home, realise im going to need to put somewhere to put these tools so get out my old toolbox and clean it, re-organise the tools to fit the new shit in, take all the shit i need out, cut wire, solder, cut, solder et cetera. This took the better of two odd hours to do (since i HAVE to do it right) and shitloads of effort when in hindsight it might have been easier to just take off the side of the case and unplug them. Why? pointlessness gets the better of me.

This seems to be a trait i have... the perfectionist. I dont muck in too much when the boys are making something as i have to make it perfect.. whereas people just want it done. Argh. Still, i get things done. I even get a perverse sense of joy when i know i cant do anything - I decided to try and cultivate and grow a couple of cactus a month or two ago. These of all plants i had to pick (cactus actually thrive on neglect so to speak as they hate being overwatered). Never mind.

On a different subject, i'd reccomend the new Butterfly Effect album "Imago" to music lovers (Hector D?). It has a great musical depth.... the guys seem to be able to layer their sounds better now. They are local too - i ran into them by chance at a record store in the city when i was buying some QOTSA vinyl for a mate's present. It was by chance the day they were doing an in-store signing... nice blokes - they offered me autographs but had nothing for them to sign. Oh well.

I better get some sleep - its coming on 1 am.

G'night.

Comments:
yes that's right dave..you are a perfectionist:)
 
yeah. just examining an aspect of my personality that i find interesting.
 
come on dave and write in your blog! i hardly hear from you these days...write:)
 
done. read above.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?